Free Time Activities:

|
Malba Museum:
Malba – Costantini Foundation (Museo de Arte Latinoamericano de Buenos Aires) opened its doors on September 21, 2001. Is a not-for-profit institution featuring the Costantini Collection, and also a dynamic cultural center, that constantly updates art and film exhibitions and develops cultural activities.
The Costantini Collection consists of a selection of more than two hundred works, including drawings, paintings, sculptures and objects by 78 artists from Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Chile, Ecuador, Mexico, Uruguay and Venezuela. The body of works allows us to appreciate both the coincidences and the differences among the great Latin American artists, and to allow for a new reading of Latin American art history.
The mission of Malba is to collect, preserve, research and promote Latin American art from the onset of the 20th century to the present. This also involves educating the public to foster their knowledge in Latin American artists, in the diversity of cultural and artistic holdings in this region, sharing such responsibility both with the national and the international community.
The Museum’s objectives are to reinsert Latin American art in the world setting, to address cultural and educational needs of the public, to exhibit a broad Latin American art collection and to generate artistic exchange with other cultural institutions. These objectives are achieved by the promotion of the most important national and international artists, by the promotion of the knowledge in Latin American art, by the creation of an overall program in educational services, and by the promotion of professional curatorial practice.
La Plata’s Museum:
Founded in 1888, with a neoclassical style and pre-Columbian ornamentation, it counts with more than 3 million objects in his collection, among those that stand out the big mammals’ fossils from the tertiary and quaternary, and their archeological and ethnographic collections. It also counts with 21 permanent exhibition rooms that shows objects from the gea, fauna, flora and cultures, principally from South America.
Colón Theatre:



The Teatro Colón (Spanish) (Columbus Theatre) is an opera house in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The present theatre, the second with that name, opened in 1908 after twenty years under construction. The auditorium is horseshoe-shaped, has 2,487 seats (slightly more than, say, the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden, London, England), standing room for 1,000 and a stage which is 20 m wide, 15 m high and 20 m deep. The acoustics are considered one of the best five acoustics in opera in the world. The theatre is bounded by the extremely wide 9 de Julio Avenue (technically Cerrito Street), Libertad Street (the main entrance), Arturo Toscanini Street, and Tucumán Street. It is in the heart of the city on a site once occupied by Ferrocarril Oeste's Plaza Parque station. Before the construction of the current Teatro Colón, opera performances were given in several theatres, of which the first Teatro Colón and the Teatro Opera were the most important. The principal company that performed at the Teatro Opera moved to the Teatro Colón in 1908. However, important companies also performed at the Teatro Politeama and the Teatro Coliseo which opened in 1907. For many years Argentina was a prosperous country with a booming economy, and the Teatro Colón was visited by the foremost singers and opera companies of the time, who would sometimes go on to other cities including Montevideo, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo.
Argentine National Congress:

The Congress of the Argentine Nation (Spanish: Congreso de la Nación Argentina) is the legislative branch of the government of Argentina. Situated at the end of Avenida de Mayo, at the other end of which is located the Casa Rosada, Argentina's parliament is bicameral and is made up of the 72-seat Senate and the 256-seat Chamber of Deputies. Designed by the Italian architect Vittorio Meano and completed by Argentine architect Julio Dormal, the building was under construction between 1898 and 1906. Inaugurated that year, its aesthetic details were not completed until 1946. Local sculptor Lola Mora graced the interior halls and exterior alike with numerous allegorical bronzes. As time went by, the building proved too small for its purpose, and in 1974 the construction of the Annex, which now holds the Deputies' offices, was started.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario